Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The day after...

The funeral was nice. The graveside portion was the best - extremely touching. I had never seen the military perform the flag ceremony before and that was really nice. The actual service sucked. Mamaw loved it and that is what is important but they have gone to a "fire and brimstone" southern baptist church for a million years...and I just do not dig that stuff AT ALL. The whole service was a sermon about how Papaw loved Jesus and he is in Heaven...but do YOU love Jesus? Because if you dont you are going straight to hell right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (complete with leaning over the pulpit and finger pointing...) They really didnt even talk about Papaw at all - there were not personal stories - just about how if you dont believe you are going to die in the firey pits of hell - which pissed us grandkids off big time....but it made it easy not to cry - being so pissed your head is going to explode. Thank God the graveside part made up for it.

Some very good things came out of Papaws death. (By the way, I know I need apostophes but everytime I hit that key the screen goes weird.) Anyway, we made up with Chris (but are still keeping boundaries, trust me) and Toby also buried the hatchet with Ramos. Im really happy about this.

Some very bad things came out of it too. Besides losing the greatest man on the planet, we also got to witness some people showing their deeply selfish sides - and that hurts, bad. Hurts to the point where I am not sure what our relationship will be like in the future. I WISH I could write about it but I just cant... I just wish she would GET HER HEAD OUT OF THE FREAKING OZONE LAYER.

My brother leaves today. I am sad. I feel like I didnt see him much - maybe I feel that way because I didnt! We were constantly at the hospital or at Mamaws house. Luckily, he comes back here in a few weeks after a short tour of Europe - the lucky bastard.

Yall - the new records will knock your socks off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ETA: July. GET READY.

So, I smoked a lot this past week (all the Creekmores are MAJOR smokers and I was stressed...it was inevitable...so I am in rehab this week.) It will be easy - I feel like my throat is on fire. I also ate enough cheese dip to kill a horse.

Back to my food journal today - back to "normal" life, right???

2 comments:

MBKimmy said...

I am glad good came out of all this ... I know you said it wasn't all good, but it is a start ... You all continue to be in my prayers! Miss you lots!

Chris said...

Hang in there girl. Good for you for putting yourself in "rehab". I hope you're week gets better and things settle down some. Your daughter looked SO adorable in her Easter outfit!