Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Turkey Lurkey Do, Turkey Durkey Dap. I eat my turkey then I take a nap.

I have really fallen behind. I am constantly thinking "I need to put that in my blog" but then the thought slips away as quickly as it comes. I think I need to invent a Post-It Necklace for easy access to paper and pen like I have at work. I swear if I don't write it down, it's like you never told me and it never happenend. Maybe some cute Post-It Earrings and a Pen Necklace? Do you think anyone would buy it? Could it be my ticket out of my 9-5 job?

Anyway...I'm getting looney.

It's the day before a holiday and the office is dead. I'm leaving today at 12:30 to go pick up Stella and I will meet Cece (my best friend) and her Mom (Carol Bock) at Ukrops for a quick lunch. Carol is in Richmond for medical treatment every day so I will only be seeing them at Ukrops for a few minutes since Carol will need to get home since she'll be pooped...but I'm thankful for the few minutes. I'll see them again on Friday.

After lunch, I'll come back home and take Matt to his 4:15 Eye Doctor appointment. Poor thing doesn't have a car when he comes home and is at the mercy of others. I know that sucks. I don't mind taking him AT ALL - infact, I'm glad I can because that means I get to spend some time with him...especially this week because there was an unexpected, sad event that has come into play. Kristen's grandmother died on Monday morning so Kristen is flying home from Mexico today and the viewing and funeral will be this week... What was going to be a leisurely week of "no plans" for Matt is now packed. He will now not be able to go to Tappahannock for Thanksgiving because he will be with Kristen and her family. What a sad time to lose a family member. I know Kristen is glad he is here. He leaves tomorrow night so he will not be here for the funeral on Friday. So our Eye Doctor visit will be the only time I get to spend with him. He'll be back for Christmas and that is right around the corner.

Later, I will go home and start cooking. I'm not going anything extravagent but just a few different dips and then I am going to attempt some fudge...and I'll make the Oreo Truffles again. God, those are so GOOD!

Tomorrow is our little jaunt to Tappahannock for the big Thanksgiving gathering of Mom's side of the family. Dad's side really has not done anything for Thanksgiving - atleast we have never been involved. I think his brothers and sisters and their families just kind of do their own thing - we have our big gathering with that side on Christmas.

There will be no Creekmore Family Thanksgiving this year. That's all I'm going to say about that. (But I can't contain myself with this: wooooo hooooooo! )

On Friday, I will visit with Cece again - either she will come to my house or I'll go to Carol Bock's out in New Kent. We discussed going shopping but we'll see if I feel like being an idiot that day or not. Or if I feel like DEALING with idiots or not. The answer will most likely be NO and I'll sit my ass at home in my flannel pajamas. But, I'm looking at the sale papers just incase.

Friday evening will be Thanksgiving at my Mother-In-Law's which will be nice - with just a tad of drama with my SIL's worthless boyfriend....and all the issues surrounding that situation.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love and appreciate my family and how quiet and boring they are?

On Saturday, we have JJ and Erica's Baby Shower at Capital Ale House. Can I just say how excited my husband is that the shower is at a BEER PLACE. That was a genius move. We are very excited to go to the shower and to give Baby Molly her gifts. Stella has a lot of cool stuff to give to her little friend. :)

Sunday? It's Matt's 28th Birthday!! But he will already be on the All American Rejects Tour so no plans for us here in Richmond. I'll probably sit on my butt in my flannel pajamas. (Anyone notice a recurring theme?) Maybe we'll attempt another photo shoot for possible Christmas pictures. (I'm trying my damndest to NOT go to a professional photo studio....) Don't ask me why - it's my own little "stand" I am taking for no apparent reason.

I need to go get Stella's picture with Santa at some point in the next few weeks too....

Miss Stella is growing like a weed - it's crazy!!!! She's getting to be a chunk with her rolley thighs and arms. How come thigh rolls and arm rolls look good on her and not me?? ha!

In the last 2 weeks she has:

*Become a champ at rolling over back to front - and is ALMOST able to roll back over.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

*Has starting to push herself out of things/catapault herself out of things so you can't leave her anywhere not monitored every second. Here she is trying to push herself off the couch.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

*Has started sleeping on her belly - I have caught her asleep on the floor twice.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

*Has started sitting in her Exersaucer and loves it! She hits the buttons with the animal sounds and laughs at the music it plays.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She is such a joy in our lives!!! We are truly blessed this Thanksgiving.

Happy Turkey Day, Everyone!!

1 comment:

MBKimmy said...

I love the pictures and as always laugh my ass off at your blogs - you are so candid and fun! I will miss you in Knoxville and we will be thinking of you! Love you lots!