I SO do not want to be at work today. I am bored to tears. Boss is out of town - but I think he's coming back around 3:30. GREAT. Just when I wanted to leave early.
Ashley, Larry, and Clara are coming to visit for the weekend!!! They should be on the road by now so they should be here around 4 or so... I might have to tell them to just go next door to Mom's until I can come home. Blah. I would pay somebody to let me go home today and just do things around the house and be with Stella.
We got Dish Network installed yesterday. And DVR!!! I set it up to record Ellen and Dr. Phil today - we'll see if I did it right.
My contacts are killing me. I need to order more today because these are my last pair and I think I've been wearing them for 2 months (they are supposed to be for 2 weeks.) SMART.
I just called Toby and asked him to make an appt for Stella to get her 3 month pictures taken...now that she is almost 4 months old. Whoops. His friend Ian has a friend that works at the portrait studio at JC Penney's. She has told Ian to tell Toby to get Stella in there ASAP and she'll give us a deal. So that's why I am having him make the appt. We'll see if it actually gets done today as I am his personal secretary who takes care of all things resembling administrative in our lives.
Tonight we are just going to order pizza for dinner. We may stroll a few blocks to Lakeside Avenue to some of the cute little shops...One of the shops, Feathernesters, is hosting a Christmas Open House with hot cider, coffee, cookies, candles, etc.... And you can stroll between all the shops. I thought it would be nice and get me in the holiday spirit - not so sure of that now that it is damn 80 degrees!! I have yet to go to Feathernesters...but it's a cute little coffee/gift shop that serves breakfast and dinner on Fridays - you have to sign up for those. Mom and Dad have had breakfast there once. The owners were there and talked to them.... Dad said he felt like he was in the movie "Birdcage" if you know what I mean.... I can't wait to go check it out because "Birdcage" is one of my favorite movies of all time!! :)
Tomorrow, the GIRLS (Me, Ashley, Stella, and Clara) are just going to piddle around, do some shopping, have lunch, stroll Short Pump, etc.... Not sure what the boys will be doing but I'm sure it will take place in Toby's DogHouse (the pimped out garage) and will involve beer.
They will leave Sunday morning and I know I'll be sad to see them go. I want Ashley to live here!!! I don't have many friends here...I have a lot of work friends who I ADORE but I don't really do "outside" things with them. I guess that it my fault - I should make more of an effort. Esp those who have kids because we could take them places like Maymont, etc. I guess that will be more fun when Stella can actually realize where she is!! And the friends I do have I love to pieces, but I don't think they want to be around a baby all the time so I don't get to see them much. That's another blog for another day.... But, anyways....
It's 11:07. I can go get lunch at 11:30... I think I'll go out somewhere to kill some time. It's nice to be paid for days when I really don't have anything to do - but I'd much rather just be able to go home.
Have a WONDERFUL Weekend, kids!
2 comments:
Wow I missed so many entries - but I am all cought up now - you are so darn creative and fun I love it! I do miss you and I hope you and Ashley have a great weekend!
Miss you lots! Kim
When I'm able to walk again, we'd love to do Maymont with you!
Post a Comment