Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Poop Story

It's been awhile since I talked about poop.

I would like to share an e-mail I received from my Mother soon after arriving at work:

My Dearest Steph,

Be glad you're at work today. Be very glad. I just had a horrific
experience with a massive amount of poop. Stella was sitting in the
bumbo seat & got a little fussy, so I picked her up to see what was
the matter. (Sounds a bit like the "Night Before Christmas", but in
reality it was the "Nightmare Before Christmas"). I smelled
something. When I got to the bed & started to pull her pants off,
there was $#!@ everywhere! It had squeezed out the side of the
diaper, down her leg, all over the onesie. I thought I was going to
cry because I didn't know how to handle this poop situation alone! I
kept asking Stella, "What are we going to do?" She just kept waving
her arms & legs which was no help at all in this situation. Whew!
My room smells like West Point. Anyway, we made it & she's all
cleaned up. I have a load of poopy laundry. I am so glad I wasn't
out somewhere because I would have wailed! The precious baby is
content now -- wonder why......

Have a good day!

Your loving mother!
xxoo


I can't even describe how hard I laughed at this. And then I realized I would rather be at home dealing with Stella's shit (literal) than shit (figurative) at work.

I need to go now and do some actual work since it is 2:40 pm and so far I have:

**Called Cavalier to cancel our Broadband TV because it BLOWS.
**Called Cavalier to get them to check our phone which has not had a dial tone in 2 days.
**Called our insurance agent to change our car insurance.
**Called Dish Network and ordered their stuff - I joined the modern world and got a DVR!
**Went to Target for a new curling iron and came out with a new curling iron, socks for Stella, ziploc bags, magazines, some lotion, a couple hair accessories, and some F&^%*&&^ Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds of which I ate the whole bag and now my stomach hurts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I needed a good laugh! Those sorts of emergencies are best handled by going directly to the bathtub, clothes and all, and undressing in there! EEK!

I'm so sorry to hear you're having Cavalier issues! I feel responsible! We haven't had a second of trouble with them since they got us set up, but we also don't have the tv in our area yet, so we'll have to talk offline about that. What a mess, I'm so sorry!!