Thursday, September 07, 2006

Whirlwind City

Even on days I don't have THAT much to do....Time flies and I realize I have done nothing. It's amazing.

We do live in Whirlwind City lately. House proceedings are continuing and are INCREDIBLY annoying and frustrating. I'm still just walking on eggshells, hoping this does not fall through.

We had the inspection on this house last week. We had to be out of the house so it was just the inspector and the potential buyers here alone. When we got back, the house was trashed. They had tracked mud on the carpets - there's an actual mud footprint in the bedroom and on the $2,000 rug in the living room (that was a gift! Like we could afford that!) - and there was 10 million leaves all in the house. AND they left the door unlocked. Who knows how long it was unlocked?? Not pretty. I thought Toby was going to have a coronary.

So he's not too happy with these inconsiderate people. So when they came back to us yesterday and asked for $3,500 to put on a new roof, Toby wasn't exactly happy to oblige. First of all, the roof is fine. It's old but it's fine. It is not an emergency by any means that the whole dang roof be replaced. So we countered back with giving them $1,500. GOOD LORD I HOPE THEY TAKE IT.

I just want this to go smoothly and to move into the new house. I want to be on that side of town since I grew up there and EVERYTHING in my life is over there. Family, friends, work, doctors, hair salon, everything! And besides, I love the house!

So, please continue to keep us and our house situation in your prayers!!

Miss Stella is wonderful. We are having so much fun with her. For one, she's so freakin cute - I could stare at her all day long - and sometimes I do! She's getting a personality already. She's starting to make more noises besides just crying...and she's moving around and being a wiggle worm. She's also going to be a drama queen, I think. If she doesn't like something, she does this fake cry/squealing sound that is hysterical. And then she stops and looks at me and smiles. Stinker!! She's started smiling up a storm and it just melts my heart. She LOVES her "Daddy Time" in the afternoons. She lays with Toby on the couch every night after dinner and is such a good girl. By the end of the afternoon with me, she's starting to get restless and fussy - but as soon as Daddy gets home, she's happy as can be.

I feel like she is so grown up already!!

I go back to work on September 19. Say some MAJOR prayers for me that day. I really don't want to spend the entire day in my cube sobbing into a kleenex.

I'm just going to miss her so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK So I am not sure who likes Daddy Playtime in the afternoons more, me or Preston, haha WOW you are busy with Stella and moving ?! Wish I could help. Don't you just love the smiles, it makes me forget about labor/c-section haha Love you! Courtney

Leslie said...

Speak to your agent about the walk-through. She needs to have a word with the other couple's agent and should know that the inspector is disrespectful of other's property so she won't use him again. That's completely unacceptable.