Sunday, September 10, 2006

This Old House

Is there such a thing as doggie gas-x? Seriously. TOBY'S dog, Elvis, needs some bad. I'm dying here. This dog is the bane of my existance. I can't stand him. He's getting fixed this week and I really hope it changes him and I start to love him. The good news is at the new house, he can live in the garage and I won't have to deal with him. This sounds awful! I am such an animal lover but this dog plucks my last nerve. ANYWAY.

This weekend was a hugely productive one and I feel fantastic about it. Whew!!!! Yesterday, the front porch was painted. My mother-in-law came over and helped and was a painting fool. We did the railings and the picket things which was a pain in the arse...and Toby did the floor and all the high parts and the trim... Today, Toby painted the facial boards on the front and back and primed the entire deck by himself. (Stella and I took naps.) The rest of the projects that need to be finished are managable so I feel like I can breathe again.

I get to REALLY pack this week. My goal is to pack most of the house minus the things we really use. My MIL brought tons of moving boxes over yesterday so there is no stopping me this week!! I packed some last Friday but quickly filled up the 5 boxes we had on hand....

This is do-able! I might even survive this move.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Glad you're making so much progress. Enjoy your last week at home and know that in a little over a month you'll be in a new house that you can decorate and ORGANIZE!! :-)