Thursday, September 21, 2006

Office Space

Let's see if I can explain this so you can understand. I'm afraid I must be speaking Chinese here because no one understands what I say here...or they just don't listen or read.

Ok. I am coordinating 7 office moves. For one person to move into a new office, the person who currently occupies that office, must move first. Got it? To coordinate 7 moves which all result in the "domino effect" is a rather frustrating task - but I have got it figured out.

I send an e-mail to those moving. I ask FOUR questions that I need the answers to. I get various e-mails with answers to 2 or maybe 3 questions. Sometimes I get a response back that don't answer ANY of my questions. Which results in my RESENDING original questions. Which I love. Because I think it's FANTASTIC to do everything TWICE.

Anyway.

I'm filling out the paperwork for the moves. Person A can not move until Oct 2. Which means Person B who is coming into that cube can not move before Oct 2 because Person A will still be there. Person C is moving into Person B's office so this means Person C REALLY can't move before Oct 2 because that leaves Person B homeless.

After explaining this to Person C's administrative assistant MULTIPLE times, I get an e-mail from this admin.

It says: "Person C just called me and we can do his move on September 27."

(Now picture my face as I read that one sentence.)

DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY DAMN BRAIN CELLS?

How does anything ever get done? I'm serious. I need an answer.

I'm not used to this kind of stuff anymore after being away for 2 months. I forgot how frustrating it is to try and get a job done when you work with GROWN people who don't listen or read. I want to scream.

But I won't. Because I'm getting paid and I get to go home to my daughter in 3 hours. And my 3pm cup of coffee is only 1 hour away.

In other news, Mom just called to tell me about their adventures this morning. She told me that she got brave and decided to pack the baby up and actually leave the house to run some errands. Good for her!! But she waited dangerously close to feeding time to venture out (Lesson #1: Never try to run errands until immediately AFTER a feeding.) They went to the post office and to the grocery store - and Stella was rather fussy and loud most of the time. They got in the car to come home and Mom was chanting "We're almost home! We're almost home!" They got home and Mom ran the few bags of groceries into the house first. They have an alarm system so she was rushing to cut that off before the police came...and then turned around to rush back to the car to get screaming Stella.....

....and she fell. Big time.
And she skinned her knee up real good.
And peed on herself.

Just typing that has made me cry laughing. NOT that she hurt herself. I have this HORRIBLE habit of laughing when people fall. I have always been this way. Someone could fall and their leg could be twisted around backwards and I would ask them if there were ok through gutteral laughs. I truly can't help it!! But then add the PEED ON HERSELF to this story and I am rolling on the floor.

And FYI - she's fine. The baby got fed.

And I'm going to check myself into Tucker's if anything else annoying happens at work today. I think visiting hours are until 8pm if you want to swing by.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

You had me laughing this morning! Poor Mom!

Happy Friday!

MBKimmy said...

Girl that is too funny! Wow ...

Anonymous said...

How awesome is it that you have a Mom on the same street who is willing to skin her knee, pee herself and still do a good job taking care of your daughter? I'm about to break into "Circle of Life"...I should go.