Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Chocolate and Peanuty combo: Gets me every time.

Today I just want to eat. Chocolate. Peanuts covered in chocolate. And we just so happen to sell those a measly 2 floors below this one in the Company Store and I am fighting the urge to go there big time. But to be honest, I don't know how much longer I am going to last before I cave. In fact, I KNOW it's going to happen so I might as well just get it over with. I'm so hungry/snacky today. And that's what I want. Chocolate covered peanuts to just pop in my mouth.

Why can't I like to snack on carrot sticks? WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

I've actually been eating OK for the past 2 months. Nothing to write home about - but not like Homer Simpson either. (Mmmm donuts.) I have been doing enough to maintain my weight - but seriously, I need to be LOSING. After gaining 36 lbs with this pregnancy (not to mention the 20 I gained after the wedding), my body ACHES. I'm like a 95 year old when I get up from a sitting position - and getting up from an entire night's sleep is a JOKE. I hobble down the hall to go get my 2 month old out of her crib like I am her great-great-grandmother instead of her young Mom. It's disgusting - and dangerous.

Most women lose most of their baby weight immediately - atleast a whole bunch of it. I can't tell you how many "I'm only 6 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight" posts I saw on the baby board - some girls posted that just a few days after giving birth. At my 6-week check-up, I had lost a whopping 13 lbs and 8 of that was Stella! Geez!!

I don't know what I want to do. Weight Watchers? The Biggest Loser plan? Celebrity Fit Club plan? Maybe I'll try to do a combo of all three? They are all healthy ways of eating. I'm not into the low carb/starvation diets. I don't care how much weight I'll lose - I'll just gain it back. Maybe I can choose more natural foods and count points too. And I REALLY need to get moving again. That will probably help me the absolute most - to get back on that treadmill even if I have to start at a speed of 1.5 miles an hour.

I need to eat and live HEALTHY. That's all there is to it. Treat my body with respect. Weight loss will be like a bonus.

I just need to get serious, get a plan, set some goals, and DO IT. Enough of this maintaining and just existing. I want to feel great and fit into my size 14s and 16s so I don't have to spend any more money on giant clothes.

And what I really want is to be able to wear my wedding rings again.

Well, only 1.5 hours until I can pick up my girl and we can take our daily afternoon trek down the Powhite Parkway with the windows cracked, Snoop's DOGGYSTYLE lightly playing in the background, and Stella screaming her lungs out from the backseat while I am rendered helpless in the driver's seat. Ahhhh, the good times. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How good did those chocolate covered peanuts taste after writing all of this :) Love you Courtney

Anonymous said...

They were absolutely delicious and worth every calorie. :)