I want to keep this blog updated but geez...I am so very boring! Seriously.
I did have another shower this week. A few girls at work threw me a smallish shower at the Crowne Plaza next to work. It was so incredibly nice. All of these girls are just too good to me. I feel like they threw me my wedding shower YESTERDAY. I told them not to do this one but no one listens. It was wonderful and they were so generous to me, Toby, and Stella.
Pictures of work shower here.
So, this weekend I have not one thing planned. Well, not one thing outside of the house. INSIDE the house I have to get the nursery close to complete so I can assess what we still need to get. I need to wash her clothes and put them in drawers and organize them.
I also need to pack my hospital suitcase (that Mom so gently reminded me to do in an e-mail not 5 minutes ago...)
Did I tell everyone the greatest news in the world yet?? I don't think I did. Gosh. What a dummy. Well, here it is:
Stella is not going to have to go to Daycare because my Mom is retiring from her job and will keep her full-time for us!!!!!
Isn't that amazing? Toby and I are both so relieved. She's helping us emotionally (not having to leave a 2 month old in a strange place!) and financially (we are paying Mom but not what the daycare costs which is nearly $1000 a month.) Mom lives 4 miles from my office so I can go there for lunch or Mom can bring her here so I can show her off.... I'm just so happy and excited. And I think Mom is too. She said that she felt the "pull" to keep her granddaughter. I'm so glad.
In other news, my husband I are are GIANT idiots.
We have sort of adopted another dog. A 7 month old Rottweiller named Elvis. Don't tell my Mom.
A co-worker of Toby's needed to find a home for him. And since the cats left, the dog Abby has been lonely and whiney and needy. She needs a friend. I also think it will be good for her to have a friend when the baby moves in too - she won't be getting as much attention from us for a bit and her and Elvis can just run and play in the backyard to their heart's content. They already get along really well... and Toby has promised that they will be outside together most of the time. I DO NOT want TWO big dogs in my house all the time. So, we'll see how this works. He sure is cute. And Toby said - NO ONE will mess with our house with a 200 lbs Rottie in the backyard.
Speaking of cats, I really miss Easter. It hits me the most when I am driving for some reason. Most drives home from work involve me crying at some point - or just feeling a bit of a heart ache for her... I want to e-mail her new owner SO BAD and ask how she is doing - but at the same time, I'm scared of the answer so I don't. I know that woman thinks I totally abandoned Easter...but I just feel like contacting her and hearing about Easter will just bring it all back up again - and I've done really well "moving on." But I sure do miss her. Pretty soon I won't have the TIME to miss her, so that's good. I'm sure she's fine. She has food and shelter and a new owner who loves her so what more could she ask for?
Anyways... I'm keeping current with Chantel and Nikki by reading their updates on their blogs and occassional posts. I still think about them constantly - I guess because my own due date draws near. My heart is broken for them because of their losses and what they have had to go through - and the long journey to "recovery." But what exactly is "recovery" when you lose a child? Ugh. I just don't know what to say about it and I feel like everything I say to THEM is just a big pile of crap. But I do think of them and pray for them and pray for myself as the birth of my own child is coming up quickly....
35 days to be exact. That is unless Miss Priss wants to come early which would be JUST fine with me. Just let me get my suitcase packed this weekend.
1 comment:
Steph - I just want you to know that I don't think anything you say to me is a "pile of crap". I think you a great and very supportive friend and I am a very excited to meet baby Stella. I am living very much vicariously through you as our due dates were so close. I like seeing what I would be going through right now.
Post a Comment