Thursday, July 06, 2006

37 Weeks and Counting

It's been awhile again. Sorry about that. But nothing really to report! We're just in the Waiting Game Stage now - as my OB likes to call it - and we're pretty ready for her to get here. I know I am!

I'm not feeling so swift lately. I knew this last month would be hard. It's hard physically - getting bigger - it's much harder to move around and it's impossible to get comfortable. The belly doesn't bend in half anymore so I kind of just PLUNK myself down into chairs and look really silly trying to get out of them... And I'm still grunting like an old man if I have to bend over and pick something up - if I am alone - if someone is with me, THEY have to bend over and get it. It's a rule.

I'm not sleeping well AT ALL. Lots of people say "It's God's way of preparing you for when the baby gets here and you won't get any sleep." yadda yadda yadda. I look forward to waking up to tend to my baby as opposed to NEVER going to sleep because of a wicked combo of Acid Reflux, Flaming Crotch (haha), and Restless Leg Syndrome that makes my legs feel like they are going to explode if I don't keep moving them constantly. I'll take the crying baby. :)

I know that when Stella gets here, it's going to be a HUGE adjustment for us. But I'm looking forward to that adjustment. I can do that kind of adjustment. I'll be so glad to not be pregnant anymore. Even though I am so incredibly grateful to be pregnant and to be expecting a child - when so many people are unable to conceive and/or have experienced tragedy - however, I really am looking forward to NOT being pregnant and being able to function physically again. No sickness, no reflux, no RLS, no aches and pains, no food aversions, no flaming crotch, etc...

I have felt like crap for so long, sometimes I wonder if I will feel normal again - even not pregnant?!?!? That thought scares me. I'm sure I'll recoup just fine. But I won't be doing this again for a long time...and you can quote me on that one!!

Come on, Stella!! Any time now would be peachy. I'm really ready to meet you.

Here is a current pic of me.

No comments: