Friday, July 14, 2006

Short Update

So I felt weird yesterday. Not bad. Not great. Just different and I told several people about it. At times I felt queazy and other times I would have giant hot flashes that made my ARMS sweat. Just wierd/different stuff. I got home around 6pm and a neighbor stopped by to drop off a little gift for Stella (so sweet) and she stayed for about 30 minutes. I then forced a nasty dinner down my throat (Fellow co-workers: I'm not getting "Phils to Go" anymore - it's just gross. Last night was rubber crab cakes and I immediately tossed the cole slaw down the garbage disposal because it was like soup. Ugh!) Anyway - I ate a bit of food and then started to feel REALLY weird - and I think I was having contractions! It was like cramps - only farther down and more inside - and I had about 3 of them in 15 minutes. I just sat on the couch with a look on my face that made Toby keep asking me "what's wrong?" Me: "Nothing!" haha. But the whole time, I could have busted out bawling from nervousness/excitedness/anxiety, etc... I then got up and took a shower (just incase!!) and laid down for the night. So, nothing major happened but for awhile I thought maybe this was it! I bet I'll walk around like this for another 3 weeks!

I did stay home from work today. I just need a rest. Yesterday was pretty busy AND I managed to surprise my boss with a birthday party with cake and coffee and big posters I made of him as Superman and Captain Jack (from Pirates of the Caribbean.) It was fun but exhausting and I just wanted to stay home today and lay around after all the "false excitement" yesterday.

Mom called this morning to check on me and I told her I was fine and was probably going to run some errands later. She called back 10 minutes later and said "How about I come out there and go with you. Wouldn't that be fun??" I said "Are you coming because you want to or because you are worried?" She said "Oh, just a little of both." But then she hooked me with the idea of going out to lunch so she's coming over soon to accompany me to Target and the Post Office.

That's my short update. More in the next few days, I swear.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hang in there, sweetie! I need to get your gifts to you next week, you'll be needing them soon. Let's find a time I can come over to HQ and meet you near your car to put them in there, since one is, uh, rather bulky! :-) LH