Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Burn Baby Burn

Yeah. So I'm hot. Like HOT. Like a hot I have never known. I'm sitting here at my desk with a fan about 3 inches from my face. Hair blowing. And the heat is still resonating off of my skin. If you could see my aura, it would be fluorescent orange and red.

It's in the damn 90's this week - and Thursday it is supposed to be 97. I think the only natural sunlight I will experience for the next month will be walking from house to car, car to office, office to car, car to house. And that is IT! Any other time you can find me in my cube or in my cool bedroom, lounging on the waterbed, under the ceiling fan.

It's weather like this that makes me feel really sorry for my husband who works outside all day. But then I remember I am carrying his child and was sick for 7 months and now I'm hot - and I don't feel so sorry for him anymore.

So, not a whole lot going on. My previous entry talks about the Warped Tour show I had to miss last week. I'll also miss the ones that come through VA since they will be at the beginning of August. Matt will be on the tour when Stella is born but will be home for 2 whole weeks at the end of August after the tour is over. I think that will be a great time for him to meet his neice. We'll have settled down some (hopefully!) and he'll get to really spend time with her - unlike the commotion of the hospital if he came home right at her birth day.

I've spent the last week catching up on NON-baby Dr. appointments... I went to the dentist last week and I was SCARED. This pregnancy has really made a mess of my gums (who knew that was a side effect?) and I have not been able to go to the dentist for fear of throwing up on him! So I finally went last week and it wasn't so bad...But he did say that my gums were in bad shape but should get back to normal after delivery. That was a relief to hear. Many of you know of my teeth sagas anyway - so I DO NOT need any more mouth issues!! I have plenty, thank you!

Today I went to my regular Doctor to get a prescription filled for my Restless Leg Syndrome. I have not been able to take my meds for RLS during the pregnancy so I went to get a new prescription and will get it filled and pack that sucker in my hospital suitcase so I can down a pill as soon as the kid arrives. The RLS is getting worse now towards the end of the pregnancy - and I am thankful it was not horribly bad the whole time - but it truly is hell to deal with.... I'm looking forward to that getting back under control and being able to get to sleep in a reasonable amount of time - not 2 hours of walking the floors and switching beds until I exhaust myself and FINALLY fall asleep.

I have a list of things to do at home and I just can't seem to DO them. When I get home, I am worthless!!! I do not have plans for this weekend so maybe I can get some stuff done. I want to:

*Pack my hospital suitcase as best I can. My friend Linda gave me an AWESOME list of things I need to pack and gave me lots of other advice....

*Create my "call list" of phone numbers of people to call when Stella gets here.

*Order photos of the nursery and the Baby Shower off of Shutterfly to scrapbook BEFORE Stella gets here. (haha! This one sounds so easy but I don't have much faith that it will get done...)

*Create e-mail address books with all of my addresses on our home e-mail (for my maternity leave) and for my Shutterfly account.

*Wash all of the 0-3 and 3 month onesies and sleepers and organize in drawers. And wash and sterilize all bottles and pacifiers and stuff.....

And oh yeah -

CLEAN MY STANK ASS HOUSE BECAUSE IT IS ATROCIOUS. The black dog hair on the outer edges of the cream living room area rug should be a crime. And I look at it every afternoon and go "God I need to vacuum that...." Only to repeat the cycle the NEXT afternoon...............

Oh well, I'll do it before July 29. I swear.

No comments: