Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Chips and Dip = the Devil

Feeling kind of sick today. I'm pretty nauseous and gaggy again. I have heard that Morning Sickness can return in the last trimester. GOD FORBID. Or maybe I'm just dealing with the after-effects of eating half a giant bag of Wavy Lays and half a tub of Dean's French Onion dip for dinner at 8pm last night.

What the hell was I thinking? I could not stop! It was like the Teddy Graham fiasco a couple months ago. Like an alien (Stella?) took over my body and MADE me keep eating...and eating...and eating. So then I felt like crap, didn't sleep a wink, and have been gaggy all day long. I hope it's just this incident and not M/S coming back.... The past month has been HEAVEN with only a few minor sick episodes... Nothing I can't handle since I am now a Pregnancy Sickness Warrior. (That is my new self-appointed title.)

Still thinking about Nikki and Chantel for most of my days. I'll find myself thinking about other things and then my mind goes RIGHT back to them when I realized I was actually thinking about something else....

Work is boring but that's ok. I don't want any big responsibilities right now. I wish I could work from home. (ha!) I just wish I didn't have to make that drive on Powhite twice a day right now. It's getting harder and harder to get around - and it's only going to get much more difficult, I'm sure. And the lovliest part of work right now is the fact that they are replacing all of the escalators in the building. The escalators are centrally located (AKA near my cube) and were the primary means of transportation between the 4 floors - so the entire building of employees now have to use other options. Which are random stairwells located in weirdo places - and besides, I'm scared of stairs right now because I am so "off balance." And then there is the ONE elevator for the entire building. Well, there are 2 elevators but one is clear across the building and since I am WADDLING these days, I don't want to WADDLE all the way over there. So anyways, this whole deal is screwing me up and I wish the big wigs here had consulted me before they did this during my last 2 months of pregnancy. (Big laugh. I'm kidding.)

I swear, the belly has grown in the past few days. We can now SEE Stella moving around - which is especially enjoyable when I am bored at work. If I'm wearing a patterned shirt, you can see the pattern do the wave every once in awhile. I love it. The kicks are getting higher, which I guess means her head is getting lower and she's upside down - or getting there, atleast. I'm starting to have this strange pain in the crotch area (hi boys!) It's actually the inside of my thighs - like the tendons that connect my legs to my body are really sore - like I did 1000 squats and lunges in the gym (and we all know THAT would never happen.) I guess she's just moving around and settling in lower causing this pain. I have my 32 week check-up today so I will ask the Dr. then.... Maybe he'll say "Well, that means she's getting ready to get here and you'll go 3 weeks early!!!!" I can dream..........

So we had our co-ed Baby Shower last weekend.

BABY SHOWER (Click on that to see pictures of the shower and also of the nursery!)

It was such an amazing, wonderful day! We were humbled by all of the love and support from family and friends. There were over 60 people there to celebrate with us. It was just a giant Memorial Day Pool Party/Cook-Out. Everyone brought a dish to share - and that was incredibly successful since everything I ate was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. (Don't get me started on the Chocolate Peanut Butter dish that was the closest to heaven that I have been and Morgen - you know what I am talking about. Thank you, Amy!!)

We opened our gifts. There were so MANY!! Of course, Stella will be the best dressed baby on the planet with all of her new outfits. And we got lots of practical gifts as well - diapers, bottles, medicines, blankets, etc..... My mother in law got us a convertable car seat that I think we'll use in Toby's Jeep right away - while I'll have the infant carrier/seat in my car until we get another convertable car seat when she grows to 20+ pounds. She is also taking me to Baby Depot tomorrow at lunch time and buying the bedding for the crib. YAY! I'm most excited about that. Now I can wash it and decorate! Her room looks like it exploded baby stuff. I have not put anything away and it's all just in piles...

I'll tackle all of that on Saturday. In between taking naps and eating - but NO french onion dip!!

No comments: