I came into work this morning and on my desk were 2 big boxes from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I opened the card and ALMOST cried....it was from the Product Specialist Group here in the Brand Integrity Department. SO NICE!!! It has been really hard not being able to invite everyone I work with to the wedding...but I had to cut somewhere or I'd have a guest list of 700! I was just totally humbled by their thoughtfulness. I didn't even know that they all KNEW I was getting married. I love it when people are so nice. It makes me want to cry. But I can't. Because if I do, I don't think I'll stop. I need to have one, big, good ol' fashioned breakdown. Then I think I'll be ok. I hope that happens when I am by myself though. I'm such an ugly crier.
I'm feeling better today. I need to just forget all the drama and focus on ME. And Toby.
I talked to most of our wedding vendors yesterday which got me excited... This really is going to be so fun. I gave Mom dancing lessons the other night - the Cha Cha Slide and the Electric Slide. I have no business GIVING dancing lessons, but she is determined to do those 2 "line dances" with her girlfriends. She picked it right up and she's very good!! Jacob was there visiting and he got to dancing a little bit too. He told me "Guess who asked me to dance with them?" And I said "Who?" and he said "Mimi!!!!!" (our grandmother) and I said "Well you'd better dance with her! She'll love it!" He just looks at me crazy. He told me that he is going to be very handsome in his new suit. This is his first wedding. He's excited. He keeps saying "So, how many days do you have left?" like he's a wise old man... Which I think he is.....
I keep getting waves of emotions...one minute I am nervous (thinking about walking down the aisle and being the center of attention) and then I get excited (thinking about all the people I am going to see and all of my out of town friends I haven't seen in SOOO long!) and then I get sad (moving out of my parent's garage - I'll miss them) and then I get excited again (thinking about LIFE with Toby) and then I get overwhelmed (thinking about my SURPRISE father/daughter dance song) and then I laugh (thinking about everyone dancing and having fun). This is one major rollercoaster. I think I love it!
2 comments:
Enjoy the ride, sweetie!
So whatdja get in those boxes???
L
My favorite things on the registry: my square salad plates!!
Post a Comment