Monday, February 07, 2005

Monday Mourning

We had a big department meeting this morning to meet our replacement Senior VP. I don't know if it's this situation or the wedding coming up but I am in a constant state of throw-up. Not good. I'm also kind of depressed feeling.... I think this has to do with the work stuff (I feel like somebody died) and also with this past weekend being EXHAUSTING.

I'm glad I had the moving to distract my thoughts from work. But as I moved stuff and unpacked, I felt like I was walking on eggshells the whole time. Toby was not bad...and he wasn't mean...and he wasn't yelling at me about the house - I just FELT like if I moved something of his or put something of mine in a "wrong" spot, then it would cause an argument and I was doing my damndest to avoid that. And that is EXHAUSTING!

We also had breakfast with his Mom on Saturday that was tension-filled. Thus I shoveled a huge breakfast quesadilla into my mouth as fast as possible while she shoved her plate away and wouldn't eat anymore. You can tell we both deal with stress differently. For me, bring on the comfort carbs! The breakfast ENDED fine; but the middle wasn't too enjoyable - when the conversation was about the wedding. And I HATE THAT! I hate that my wedding is such a negative event for SOME people.

And another reason I feel like sh*t lately - I've been eating everything that isn't nailed down!! I really need to get this under control so I can atleast FEEL better on Saturday. Maybe I'll hop on Mom and Dad's treadmill tonight...

Ugh. This mood has GOT TO GO. Maybe I'll go shopping after work. I need a rehearsal dinner outfit. I need to get excited. I'm getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Start changing the eating today and you'll feel better by the weekend. You are I are SO on the same page about that emotional eating (self-medicating with food I think is what Dr. Phil calls it, and he's so right.)

This is a stressful week to be sure, but take time to enjoy it, and let the shit roll off your back, YOU control your happiness. The rest is just details, and they're minor.