Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A few Stella-isms at age 15 months...

I realized again today that I have done a horrible job of documenting Stella's life in words. Sure, I have 50 million pictures and I am in the process of scrapbooking them and telling little short stories beside the pictures...but I have not written in a "baby book" or put down dates when milestones happened. None of that.

Instead of fretting over the past and what I wished I had kept up with, I thought I would just take some time today to just write down what is happening NOW. This really is a cute age - and everyday she surprises me with something new.

Currently, Stella.....

- introduces me to everyone. If someone says hi to her, she pats me on my arm and says to the person "Mama!" Like, "Hi there. Meet my Mama!"

- says "Hi Mama!" and "Hi Dada!" atleast 102987563209 times a day. Oh, and "Hi Neh-Neh" too.

- says "Hi!" to EVERYONE. People get the biggest kick out of her in a shopping cart just yelling "Hi!" at everyone who walks by... We can't make it out of Ukrops in less than 2 hours for all the people stopping to talk to her. Who cares about me? Except when she pats my arm and tells them "Mama!" Don't forget about Mama!

- kisses everything with a big "Muh-wah!" And sometimes she'll even blow a kiss at you with her hand and a big "Muh-wah!" She especially likes to kiss herself in the mirror. She's such a diva.

- makes me and Toby kiss each and every one of her animal bath toys while she's in the "pool." She has been saying "pool" since 8 months old. Besides babbling dadadadadada or mamamamama, "POOL" was her first actual word.

- has a vocabulary of: Mama, Dada, Neh-Neh (my Mom), Bip-Pa (my Dad - we think!), dog, cat, duck, Melmo (elmo), sock, shoes, apple (of course!), ball, candle, book, poot (nice!), poo (even nicer!)... and more I am sure I am forgetting...

- is TRANSFIXED by the Backyardigans and has been since 6 months old. Do not try to make her interact with you while they are on TV. She'll ignore you and it will hurt your feelings.

- is absolutely terrified of the vaccuum cleaner. ANOTHER reason for me not to clean. :) You can't even touch the handle of it while it's off. She screams and runs away.

- has to always get the last "touch" in. When you tell her "do not touch" she looks at you and touches just one more time... then she's done.

- does something she knows you are going to say NO to, before you can even say it, she turns and looks at you and shakes her head with a stern face "No."

- screams and then shushes herself - complete with her finger over her lips. Over and over......

- acts out the entire Itsy Bitsy Spider song when you sing it. Then tries to sing it herself but it's just babbling to a random tune....but she's definitely singing. And doing some dance motions...

- starts swaying from side to side when you say "can you dance?"

- busts out laughing when she is in the carseat and I turn around and just look at her. I must look really funny...

- only goes to sleep when I rock her - if we are at home. And I love it.

- lights up and comes running when Mama and/or Dada arrive at Neh-Neh's after work to pick her up. That is the best feeling in the world.

1 comment:

MBKimmy said...

What a great post! I love it! The last is my favorite - i cna't wait until Tatum acknowledges us!