Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Friday.

So a manager just "slipped" and said:

So I hear you are going to get a lot of new responsibilities when "B" goes on Maternity Leave in February!

I can't remember if I posted on here about my job woes the past few months. It's been a pretty big deal.

Here is a quick summary in a bullet list:
  • Fed up with job. Seven years as an Admin is enough.
  • Searched for jobs and sent out resumes
  • Called by very large Law Firm for a job interview
  • Called back for 2 interviews
  • Felt angst about leaving my current company (worried about benefits, etc.)
  • GREAT discussion with my boss and HIS boss...major support from both
  • Turned down law firm offer (I am happy with that decision.)
  • I don't want to LEAVE current company; just need "more."
  • Assured that bosses do not want me to leave company - "What can I do to help you?"
  • Heard about internal position that would be perfect fit; and a promotion!
  • Was told that my name would be given to the department that is "hiring"
  • Keep asking for updates and keep getting "still haven't made decision about filling the position yet"
So I guess people have been talking "behind the scenes." Instead of giving me a better job with more responsiblitiy at a higher grade with more money, they are going to give me SHIT work from someone else's job (she's a lower admin than I am) while she's on leave for NO money WHILE continuing to do my current job - the job I almost quit! I want to get AWAY from Admin work. How many times do I have to tell people? How many more projects do I have to ROCK before they see I can DO IT?

I am SO ready for a glass of wine.

And I am SO having one when I get home. Where I will sit in my reclined and watch my daugher run around the living room like an Octapus, grabbing everything she is not supposed to....and watch her shake her head "no" before she does it anyway. And hear her say "Mote?" as she hands me the remote that she has pushed all the buttons and reset our TV to the point of no return.

Because with her, I never feel underappreciated or undervalued.

To her, I am THE WORLD.

And this place can suck it.

3 comments:

MBKimmy said...

Girl ... so sorry that you are getting the run around ... did you tell said boss you were looking for differant job?! Sorry you are in my thoughts and prayers ... PS love the slideshow of the Princess!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I hate office politics!!! Is there any way you can refuse to do the maternity leave work?

Chris said...

Amen sister! I hope you enjoyed that glass of Wine Friday night. Hope things improve on the job front for you, though it sounds like you need to start LOOKING again. Good Luck!