Thursday, July 19, 2007

I am in denial....

...that I really need to be getting ready for work right now but you know what? I'm sick of it!!!

Tomorrow is my big event. After tomorrow, I will be a normal human again.

But right now, I just want to discuss a few brainless things because I am really tired of THINKING.

1. Have you guys tried McDonald's coffee? It's great! I drank 2 giant ones on the way home from NC on Sunday. And the beauty of it all? Drive thru. See, since having Stella, I have dreamed of opening a new business that has several options via drive-thru...because it is such a PITA to get her in and out of the carseat when all I want is a coffee. And I would LOVE a healthy drive-thru food option - one does not exist in Richmond.... And there are other services I have thought of as well. It really would be a success. Like a "Brew Thru" but not just alcohol...coffee, healthy food, a few items that you usually need at the store (bread, milk, coffee, diapers, wine, etc....)

ANYWAY, so I am really happy with the McD's drive thru coffee. But I have one gripe (of course!) In North Carolina, when you order the coffee via drive thru, you tell them "cream and equal" or whatever and they put it in the coffee for you. What a NOVEL idea! In Richmond, they grab a few creamers and packets and throw them in a bag. Ummm, doesn't it defeat the purpose of a drive-thru coffee when you have to pull over and put the extras in yourself??? Just sayin.....

2. Another fast food thought - I was driving to work yesterday and passed a billboard for the new Wendy's burger - The Baconator. First of all, "baconator" is horrific. What marketing genius came up with that? But to make it worse, the billboard shows a picture of it and says in big letters "HOLY COW AND PIG!"

That is so gross, I may never set foot into a Wendy's again. Somebody needs to get fired. Dave is turning over in his grave. And he should be.

3. My newest guilty pleasure and probably the best show I have ever seen in my life:



ROCK OF LOVE WITH BRET MICHAELS

I mean, SHUT UP! This is FABULOUS!!!

First of all, I have to tell you, I'm a Bret fan...and it goes back 20 years. (Oh, that makes me want to puke.) But it's true. And for anyone who attended my wedding, you heard Cece's Toast about how when we were 12, we drew pictures of our weddings and mine was to Bret - with Cece (my best friend) as maid of honor and CC Deville (guitar player in Poison) being best man. (And Cece and CC were also married, by the way.) So, yes, I do have a past with Bret.

This show is genius. I watched the first episode last night and could not tear my eyes away from the trainwreck. From the transgender german "girl" with her hideous white shoes and old lady purse (she's a man ya'll - she HAS to be!) to the STUPID STUPID STUPID bleach blonde girls with implants as big as their heads..........

I can't wait for next week.
CAN'T. WAIT.

*****

So, do you think the work stress has finally made me crack?

4 comments:

Chris said...

You have me laughing girl. I must check that show out....LOVED me some Poison!!!

You're onto something with your idea about the drive thru's. I keep trying to think of some great mommy money making idea...maybe we should brain storm together.

Anonymous said...

I love the drive-thru Starbucks here. It is the best freaking invention in the world. I totally get what you mean.

...AND, I just caught the show last night and I am addicted too. Eric was mentioning he thought the one was a man too.

Julie said...

Hey Stephanie, in Long, Island, NY they have these drive through convenience stores, they rock..

http://www.dairybarn.com/

MBKimmy said...

Hey ... I caught a episode of Rock of Love yesterday ... i laughed my ass off ... I really should record it! When does it come on ... I can't even remember?!