On Saturday we had an Open House for some of our friends...most had not seen the new house and some had not seen Stella since she was itty-bitty. It was great to see everyone! I loved catching up and hanging out. It was a steady flow of friends all day (and into the night at Toby's Doghouse) so it was never really crowded (except for a few minutes when Mom and Dad came over and brought their friends who were visiting them next door - gotta show off the granddaughter!!) I made A LOT of food and luckily it was all pretty much gone by the end of the night! Thank you!! I did have to throw away some Rolo/Pretzel candie thingees - not because they weren't any good but, because they are TOO good and after the Open House, it was the beginning of Food Detox for me. Anyways, thanks to all who stopped by to see us. It was great catching up and laughing at old stories (Denny, Morgen, Troy) and even BETTER pulling out the ol' wedding DVD and watching the part where they had to CENSOR Denny. Who in the world has their wedding on DVD where they have to CENSOR someone with a big long beep! That would be me. I love you Dennis!!
Actual New Years Eve was extremely uneventful and resulted in the whole family being in bed sound asleep by 9pm. Woo hoo! PARTY!! It was exactly how I wanted it to be and that was just fine. We were exhausted from the day before and really all I wanted to do was sit around all day in my flannel pants and piddle around the house. I did make homemade Double Decker Tacos for dinner with REAL sour cream (the last supper) and played on the computer (damn myspace sucks me in....) I did manage to collect all Christmas decorations from around the house and put them all in a pile on the dining room table. But that's as far as they got.
On New Years Day, Toby woke up sick with a cough so he was in bed ALL DAY LONG so it was just me and Stella to fend for ourselves all day. She was pretty high maintenance all day so I wasn't able to get into anything for long periods of time...During one of her catnaps, I did manage to get the decorations in their bins and got the Tree taken down and in a pile. It was raining AND THE YARD FLOODED AGAIN so I'll have to wait to get it all out to the shed. I was also able to get a lot of computer work done...I figured out my new Digital Picture Frame and got it all loaded up with pics to take to work today. Matt came over and set up my new ipod shuffle and an itunes account so I know how to do that... I need to load that sucker up with some good walking songs because I want to get back to the gym starting in the next week or so...
I started Weight Watchers CORE yesterday. That is always a good program when I need to detox from junk. It's Day 2 and I'm doing well...feeling good...I managed to lose around 3 lbs in the month of December and through the holidays which I think is miraculous!! I'm so glad I had joined WW back in November to keep me in check over the holidays so I didn't gain 10 lbs like I usually do...
Now it's the new year (2007 - I can't believe it!) and I'm ready. I have some resolutions in mind but nothing really specific. Get healthy, save money, get (more) organized, etc.... Typical stuff. I'm not putting any pressure on myself. I just want to live life and enjoy it and make some positive changes when I can... It's amazing what a 5 month old can teach you and they can't even talk......
Happy New Year everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment