Here's another MeMe I found...I like this one better - it's more of a recap of the past year. I'll want to go back and read this one day...
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Give birth
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I think I was too sick last New Years to make any. This year it's the usual - health, money, relationships - do better at all of them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A lot of people! It was the year for babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Several people I am close to lost people THEY were close to...if that makes sense.
5. What new places did you visit?
Nowhere really... I was too sick until Stella's birth... and then I was too busy!
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Patience and compassion for certain situations - no further details needed. I know what I mean. :)
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I have two:
July 23 - Stella O'Dell was born
May 31 - Two friends lost their infant sons. I think about them each atleast 50 times daily and probably will forever.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Only missing 2 days of work out of 7 months of being deathly ill
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
See #8. I think I had the worst case of "morning sickness" and acid reflux of any pregnant woman I have ever heard of.
10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Toby - He's made so many awesome changes in his life. And he stayed in the delivery room and helped Stella be born...when he told me he didn't think he could do it.
11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
12. Where did most of your money go?
To Stella - and I'm sure it will be that way forever!
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Stella's arrival
14. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Crazy by Gnarls Barkley
15. Compared to last year, are you: Happier/sadder? Thinner/fatter? Richer/poorer?
Happier, Fatter (I had a baby - that's my excuse), and I wouldn't say RICHER but how about "better off."
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Take more time out for just me and Toby. This is a goal of mine for 2007.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
wasted time on the computer
18. How will you spend the 2006 holidays?
Attending several family events, hanging around my new beloved house in my flannel pants, making Stella's first Christmas lovely
19. Did you fall in love in 2006?
with Stella
20. What was your favorite TV program?
This year I was into American Idol (Elliott!) and Project Runway
21. What was your favorite film of this year?
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
22. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm so glad we moved because I adore the new house beyond belief...but I could have done without the packing and the moving and the house "drama" (paperwork, real estate agents, etc) while trying to take care of a 3 month old and going back to work full-time...
23. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Maternity clothes for Jan - Aug
Whatever fits (which isn't much!) for Sept - Dec
24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Take NOTHING for granted. NOTHING. EVER.
25. Share a breathtaking moment from 2006:
Giving birth was pretty breathtaking. The whole process - labor and all. And on a different level - when I learned of my 2 friends' losses within moments of each other. That knocked the wind out of me.
26. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May
I guess you'd say, what can make me feel this way
My Girl
Talking about My Girl
Yeah, that was cheeseball but that's what happens. You'll see. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment