That's me and Toby!! I swear.
I called Toby from the car on my way home yesterday to say Happy Valentine's Day and tell him I'd be home in about 30 minutes. He sounded pained - he said his leg (the one with the rod in it from his falling accident) and his back (the one he broke in the falling accident) were killing him. I had put some pork loin in the crockpot for BBQ so dinner was already done. We weren't planning on going anywhere anyway so that was good. I got home and fixed myself a plate and I had rented The Wedding Crashers from work. Toby laid on the couch and I sat on the loveseat and ate my dinner. We did exchange cards and little stuffed V-day animals. (It's become a tradition to get each other a gorilla or a monkey on V-day...) About 45 minutes into the movie, the sickness started coming on like clockwork...around 7pm...so I go hang out in the bathroom for awhile like usual and then went to bed. At 7:45 pm. Dammit.
I'm not upset about V-day or our Anniversary being less than exciting. Actually, even if I wasn't sick, I'm a homebody so we probably would have done similar things....maybe with a dinner out or something added... but I am just OVER the sickness and ready for it to go away. I'm just frustrated with it. Although I'm thankful that my DAYTIMES seem to be manageable.
I had an OB appointment on Monday that went very well. It was determined at this appt that I am the only person on earth who can puke every day and still manage to gain 6 lbs in a month. :) I told Toby it was ALL BABY. He laughed and said "That baby weighs 3/4 of a pound right now." WHICH is true. But what about the water weight? And the extra blood? And stuff? I'm sure the lbs have NOTHING to do with the copious amounts of carbs I have been injesting. Hmph. :)
I got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler again and this time there was no problem finding it. The big ultrasound appt is scheduled for March 14. Toby asked me if I thought the Dr. would get mad if Toby stormed out of the room and kicked the wall if he said "it's a girl!" haha! He is SO wanting a boy. And all this "big talk" is just that...because when he has a little girl, she will be his princess forever and I bet I'll have to fight and beg for him to let me hold her. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment