Friday, April 29, 2005

Wake up!

I have totally been neglectful of the blog!!

I realized this last night so I holed myself up on the computer room and wrote a big, long post - only to have blogspot eat it. It was upsetting to lose the blog, that I worked hard on, but I have to admit - updating the blog was not the only reason I holed myself up with the computer. It was to get away from the Giant Man Baby that was in the living room.

The GMB would be my husband. GOOD GRIEF!! This man experienced a near fatal falling accident 2 years ago that left him basically house-bound and has left him with chronic back and leg pain to this day...and you never hear a peep out of him.

But let him get a small case of the allergies and LOOK OUT. He's dying. Right then and there.

I'm sorry he felt bad. I really am. I'm not a totally insensitive beotch. But you ladies can understand, I'm sure. I hear that lots of men suffer from this condition when they get sick. :)

ANYWAY! He stayed home today so I am hoping he got a lot of rest and feels better. Love you honey!!

So, it's almost 3pm at work and I think I just might agree to give up my first born to someone if they would let me take a nap!! I'm so tired!! I guess it's the gloomy weather...but it's also me. My body has been out of whack for a long time...and after blood tests coming back normal - no one has a clue why I always feel so bad all the time! But I'm just going to keep trucking and eating right and getting some exercise in.... I just trust I will start feeling better any day now!

Overall, life is good. :)

Toby tore down the old 6ft privacy fence around the backyard (that was crumbling down anyway) and put up a new, short picket fence - and it looks so great!! As soon as he finishes the gate part, we can let Abby outside again without fear of her squeezing her huge body through the fence slats and running the neighborhood. I am so excited for this - as it should really help the dog hair tumbleweed problem inside the house. Sometimes I could cry looking at the carpet in our house now. Not even a SHOP-VAC is helping! We definitely need all 3 bedroom carpets replaced - before we even think about having children. But this only takes money!! We just spent our honeymoon money on the fence! But it was a necessity - we'll just go on a smaller-scale honeymoon in the fall. Gotta love compromise.

So the house is coming along.... slowly but surely....

Work is ok. I'm still finding myself highly annoyed atleast a few times a day. I just feel like I am babysitting a lot. I want my OWN job with my OWN goals and my OWN responsibilities. I'm done with the "support role."

I did not get the promotion I had applied for...and for that I am SO GRATEFUL! For one, I would have been working with someone that is not nice - to say the least. And no money or grade is worth being miserable at work - you spend more time at work than at home! (How sad is that?) Anyway, I also think it was good that I did not get that job because it was just another "support role" - a step up, but SUPPORT nonetheless. Maybe I need to move in an ENTIRELY different direction. Actually, there is no MAYBE about it. Definitely.

My family is doing great - and I'm going to see Motion City Soundtrack on Sunday in Northern VA! Right after the show, Matt is hopping in the car with us and coming home for a few days. On Tuesday night, MCS is playing at Alley Katz and I am SO EXCITED about that. Lots of people are going.... I love showing Matt off. He's so GOOD!!

I think I am going to head upstairs now and get a coffee...and eat my crustless pumpkin pie that I brought. Maybe some food and beverage will wake me up.

No comments: