Well, it's definitely not MY garden or it would be a pile of dead, brown plant carcasses. This is all Toby's work. And it's amazing!!
He picked the first zucchini the other night and I made a big batch of zucchini bread. I added berries and raisins in order to try and sneak a few more nutritious things into Stella's diet - since she only eats pancakes and mac n cheese.
Tonight, Stella and Toby picked green beans and snapped them together. We were hoping that if Stella was involved in the growing and preparing of the veggies, there would be a chance she might eat them.
Nope.
But we sure did! It was delicious! Tilapia on the grill, fingerling potatoes, green beans, and zucchini bread.
And in the top lefthand corner, you will notice my new obsession: my tervis tumbler!!
I discovered Tervis Tumblers last month while shopping for a gift at Bed Bath and Beyond. I have been on a search for a great water cup/bottle/jug/whatever that fits in a cup holder, has a straw, does not sweat, and is easy to transport. Apparently, that is a tall order to fill! But I finally found what I have been looking for - and I am in love!
I bought a clear one with a top and straws from BB&B. I noticed the brand on the cup so I looked it up online and found their website. Low and behold, you can personalize them with pictures, your initials, etc... Now I'm really in love!
I got a 16 oz one with a pink breast cancer ribbon with a travel top for tea and coffee. (Yes, they are good for hot and cold beverages and DAMN I should work for them. I already looked - they are based out of Florida and I'm not moving there. My hair does NOTHING in that humidity.)
I got this 24 oz one with the cute girl pirate skull for my water/seltzer/iced tea beverages. No soda will ever fill these jewels. My love for the Tervis Tumbler is really helping me to get my daily water in and I highly recommend them.
Garden? Vegetables? Daily water intake? I am WELL on my way to healthy lifestyle.
Now what can I buy or plant that will exercise FOR me? Hmmmm.....
2 comments:
The garden is amazing!! Mad PROPS to Toby for growing one! I'm hoping that Morgan will be my partner in the veggie eating. William isn't much of a lover of the veggies!
All I can say is YUM! I would love to be able to grow a garden - my dogs are the gardeners in the family. Toby did a super job! It looks fantastic!
Amy Bacon
Post a Comment