I will say, I was cussing a blue streak for the first 3 miles in the pouring down rain! But my friends Leslie and Marcey kept trudging - and so did I. And I'm glad I did.
We finished the 6.2 miles in 1 hour, 50 minutes, and some-odd seconds.....
I think I'll definitely do it again next year - maybe not in the rain again - and hopefully next year I will be in better shape, weigh MUCH less, and might actually TRAIN. LOL!
Here I am before the race - all nice and dry. I got several compliments on the hat. :) More pics of the actual race to come....

7 comments:
So proud of you! That is great~ Good Job!
Yeah! I can't believe you went ahead with it, you were so against it the other day....I am SO PROUD of you girl!!! Way to go! There is another part marathon in November you know....
And the Poison concert sounds like a blast, what an awesome B-day gift indeed!!! Look out Bret Michaels.....
Cursing ME, I'm sure~
Our official time (chip) was 1:55:18. We'll beat it next year!!!
Leslie
Congrats on the 10K, what an accomplishment! I'm proud of you!! Amy Bacon
YOU GO GIRL!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU! Even though you didn't train like you planned you did it and you didn't quit! Pat yourself on the back girl! Rest up and start training for the next one! YOU CAN DO IT!
Great job! You should be very proud of yourself.
Also, I tagged you on my blog. I'd love to see what you come up with. Go check it out. :)
woot! you go girl.
I'm doing a half marathon on Sunday, I'm sooo not looking forward to it, well, maybe the chocolate milk at the end.
Good for you.
Post a Comment