Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday

There are so many unfinished projects around our house...and other stuff that needs to be done that hasn't been touched yet... The siding on house needs to be replaced in one spot - it's close to HANGING off. The shower upstairs needs to be torn out and the pipe needs to be fixed underneath (it is leaking into the dining room - therefore has not been used in MONTHS), the toilet up there is doing something funky so a part needs replacing, there are still no baseboards in the computer room where Toby replaced the floor nearly a year ago....you know, stuff like that.

STUFF I CAN'T DO. Stuff my husband CAN do since he is in the construction field.

Toby just told me that his MAIN plan for the weekend is to "till a garden."

What. The. He - double hockeysticks.

I'm glad "tilling a garden" have become #1 on the priority list when the house is falling apart. I know "tilling a garden" is probably a million times more enjoyable than fixing a part in a toilet bowl, but damn!

And who, prey tell, is going to maintain the GARDEN? That would not be me. I'm not Martha Stewart. Far from it.

I'm about to go to Home Depot and take some classes on baseboard installation and do it myself.

In other news, I am doing the 10K tomorrow.

TOMORROW.

Time flies when you don't train a lick.

If it's raining cats and dogs, I am not doing it. But if it's misting, I'll do it. I hope I don't die.

Oh - and an update on the Drunk in Your Own Garage charge and investigation.

A Captain with the Police Department called Toby yesterday... and he also called Toby's friend who said he would talk. SO, it's still on. Toby even called him back, so he made an effort! When he called back, the Captain had already left.....so he has not been interviewed yet. But hopefully when they stop playing phone tag, something will be accomplished. So that's promising.

In COUSIN news, both boys are still suffering. And they will for a long time. Keep the prayers coming.

And my final note will be the most EXCITING news I have had in a long time........

POISON is coming to RICHMOND on AUGUST 13.

Happy 32nd Birthday to Me!
(And Cece is flying home for it. Since we first say POISON together 19 years ago... Dang!)

3 comments:

MBKimmy said...

our new house will NEVER be done I can tell already! Oh well ...

Hope that the phone tag is over soon -

Hope you have a BLAST at Poison, I know you will!

Chris said...

Girl I feel you on the "man projects". Lindsay's big girl room is driving me crazy! We still have to empty the darn room and find room for most of the stuff. UGH. It will get done in time but ALWAYS last minute and I'll have to have at LEAST one pregnancy melt down before he gets it in gear! LOL!
POISON OMG...that ROCKS! I know you'll have an awesome time! I'm going to Bon Jovi belly and all on April 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ol' Richie Sambora better stay outta trouble between now and then that's all I gotta say!!!!

Libby said...

Steph - you dork! You didn't have to send Scarlett anything! But thank you so much - it was so sweet!!! Scarlett loves her doggie in a bag. I tried to get some pictures today and will get more of little Paris tomorrow.

Thanks again sweetie - you are too nice!

Libby