My husband is across the street doing some major electrical work for the Lowerys. They are an older couple who are SO SWEET - they love Stella to death. They are so good to us. Toby is updating their entire electrical panel. I act like I know what that means. But he's been over there every afternoon this week and went over at 9am today - he says he'll finish today.
I hope so...because he's over there with his work van wide open, music blaring - some bluegrass shit. I'm sure everyone (esp the Lowerys) are just loving that. I'm across the street in my living room and I can hear it. If he wasn't my husband, I would kick his ass.
So, in other news, I am frazzled! (Well, that's not really anything new...)
I just feel like I don't have enough time EVER. It's really bugging me lately. I have not been to Jazzercise in nearly 3 weeks. I have had so many conflicts lately...and with working a few minutes late every day, family in town, other events, etc.... I just can't make it to the 5:45 class and get home after 7:00 pm and then.... Put my child down to bed at 8:00 pm. That's a whole 45 minutes or so with my child. No thanks. I already don't see her enough.
I'm trying to work this out because I DO love Jazzercise and I NEED to exercise.... Maybe it's just because it's been crazy lately with stuff... and when things settle down, I'll be able to function again. (However, I do have a call into the Employee Amenities person at work...I want to ask what it would take to get one of my Jazzercise instructors to come to OUR fitness center at work and teach a class a couple days a week. Now THAT would solve my problem.)
This morning was the MS Walk and Stella and I participated. (Work had a large team and I was a Captain.) So now that both WALKS are behind me... I do feel a little "free."
RIGHT NOW is the first time I have sat down in my house for more than 5 minutes - in over a week. EVERY night this week was "something." And while it was all good stuff, it still meant I wasn't home. So laundry is piled up, dishes are ready to be unloaded, the fridge needs cleaning out, and I feel out of control.
I have done everything that I can do for now - quietly. Someone is taking a nap and I be darned if I am going to wake her trying to do dishes. I already put all of my laundry away and went through my closets and got stuff together to sell at my FIRST EVER yardsale on May 3. I really need to get in Stella's room for a MAJOR toys and clothes overhaul. We might just get into that tomorrow when it's rainy and we are STUCK AT HOME. - THANK GOD!!
3 comments:
I am so excited about our house on the river but I also am SO over it ... I feel like a one person show ... by the time Andy gets home from working at the house - of course after working all day too ... I have already fed the baby, bathed her and put her to bed ... then dinner and bed my self. It SUCKS!!
Hope you get to slow down some soon!
I feel you....there's a little of that going around here too. It's prom season which means my hubs is doing NOTHING but talking on the phone, booking charters, driving some, cleaning limos, bailing other companies out when something brakes down. I'm OVER IT! We need to get to business at my house and I've been sick and SO TIRED that I am not moving at my normal pace. The basics are suffering too...floors, bathrooms, all of it. I'm about to melt down but I'm trying to hold it together just a little bit longer. MAY has to be a better month!
Steph, I know how you feel girl. It is really hard being pulled in so many directions, it'll drive you nuts! You never feel like you are ahead on anything, there's always still something else that needs to be done.. Hope the Jazzercise thing works at for work!
Post a Comment