Sunday, March 09, 2008

Weekend Update

My Dad's band had their first show out in public (besides playing in church every Sunday) on Friday night. They played at a VERY cool place out in Goochland called the White Hawk Music Cafe. It was a long ass drive in the rain and I couldn't see, but we made it safe.

We ate dinner there too - it was yum! They even had Kraft Mac n Cheese for the kids...and Stella ate hers up - with a spoon - and didn't get any on her. Score!



The band is called WMD (Which could stand for Weapons of Mass Destruction but really it stands for Wayne Mike Doug. LOL!) They are so good and they really enjoyed themselves. Several of my work friends came and a lot of our family and friends....









Their BIGGEST fan would NOT leave the dance floor. Click this link and see for yourself.

She really put on a show.

Check out the hand movements! LOL!

And the Highchair Dancing - with Uncle Matt in the background.


She also picked up 2 plastic knives and started playing drums on my hot tea cup lid. She was keeping a beat, ya'll. I'm not even joking!!





On Saturday morning, my friend Marcie picked me up at 7am and we met my other friend Leslie at Einstein Bagels to fuel up for the West End Assembly of God Annual Kid's Yardsale which started at 8am. Usually there is a line around the building. I think the rain kept people away - which opened it RIGHT on up for me! I hit the MOTHERLOAD!!

Check out my loot. All 24 mos and 2T spring and summer clothes - some Ralph Lauren, Gymboree, Children's Place, Talbot Kids, etc... Amazingly cute stuff. Also got some toys (Backpack and Map!!), a little Dirt Devil and a Leapfrog steering wheel thingee. A TON of books...some summer sandles.... ALL for $157.00. I rock.







And here's Stella wearing a pair of the sandles - OVER her footie pajamas.


What a goofball.

And what a good weekend. :) Too bad it's over....

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Wasn't it fun?? Great sale~

Love the photos, will check out the links from home. Looks like Stella has natural musicality!

MBKimmy said...

OMG you hit the mother load! I love that! I have hit a few yard sales and NOTHING I find NOTHING! I hate SC!

PS I love the videos my facorite was the hand movement one!

Chris said...

Gotta love the consignments! Yes you did hit the MOTHERLOAD! GOOD FOR STELLA. Loving the sandals over the pj's. Lindsay and her are doing all the same things it's so funny!
Of course she's musically inclined...look at her relatives!
Love the Beatles shirt too. Glad you had a great weekend.