Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Quickie

Things have been an absolute whirlwind lately and I apologize for the lack of updates. it's not like it's a whirlwind of incredibly exciting things...just lots of STUFF. Life stuff.

Work for me is crazy busy. C.R.A.Z.Y. I will update on that at a later date, but just know that the next time you see me, I may have pulled a Britney Spears and will be sporting some fancy new blonde extentions on my bald head. But no matter how crazy I get, I will never flash the paparazzi. Take comfort in that.

Stella is BUSY. She is all over the place; all the time. Yet, she can not walk on her own yet. Just crawls all over and pulls up on everything and walks up and down the couch and back... She actually will sit in her room and play with toys by herself. She pulls EVERYTHING off of the bottom shelf and watches me put it all back up - to turn around and do it again. What a fun game!

Toby is working hard too. He works 6am - 3:30 pm every day and then has had a couple side jobs that he is currently working on.... AND since he has such a huge heart and can't say no, he has volunteered to cut the neighbor's grass while they are on vacation...in addition to all of our yardwork... And it's been SO hot outside - he is exhausted from working in the heat a lot. Poor guy.

Our weekends are full from now until August. It's all filled with lovely events but it's kind of stressing me out to know that in addition to 40+ hours of work-work, I have no downtime to get the REST of my life in order. (Control freaks unite!) The house is going to suffer (more!) - it's already suffering. You know it's bad when you find your child eating dirt clumps out of the living room carpet.

Welcome to my world!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hi. I found your blog through LJ. My husband, daughter and I are moving to Richmond this summer. I'm trying to find some blogs of locals to make some new friends in the area. PS My personal blogging is on LJ (alcesalces)

Chris said...

Welcome to my world...I feel you girl. We've been going non stop since June 3 when we left for vacation...which as you know vacation with a 1 year old and your inlaws...well....anyway...my BF from Orlando is coming on Thursday and we're going to see Rick Springfield and then after she leaves I have more relatives coming the week of July 8. I have been taking off here and there and working over time to get off other days...plus, our anniversary, father's day and LIndsay's birthday. I am going nucking futs but it's all FUN stuff...so why is it so stressful! This is life right? Ahhhhh...I'm ready for the downtime that will be late July and August. IF you hear me say I'm bored....SMACK ME!

MBKimmy said...

aack the joys of homeownership ... they suck!