Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

I am 30 today. And it just so happens that today was probably one of the worst days I have had in a very very long time.

Here is my day in numerical form:

1. House/Real Estate Drama regarding the new house situation I blogged about yesterday (if we want this new house, we are under a MAJOR time crunch to sell our house.)
2. As a result, our house is going on the market TOMORROW
3. In the middle of dealing with all that on the phone for hours, Stella had a BAD day (non-stop screaming for hours) and I had to take her to the Pediatrician who diagnosed her with acid reflux.
4. Debit card declined at Ped's office (no idea why - have plenty money)
5. Had to cancel big family birthday dinner due to Stella not feeling well.
6. Call Cigna to double check Stella is on there before I go to Walgreens to get her prescription for Pepcid. Oh how funny - she's showing "inactive."
7. Call Altria Benefits Center. Looooooooooong story short - they screwed up and it will now take 5 days to get her on insurance.
8. In meantime, pay for Pepcid out of pocket.
9. Mom and Dad came over to eat pizza and cake and help us pack up knick-knacks and clean and get ready for realtor to take pictures tomorrow.
10. I go to Walgreens to fill prescription. It takes FOREVER. And the prescription is $83!
11. Debit card declined again.
12. Come home and "celebrate" with everyone.
13. Toby didn't even get me a card or anything. He's been a major grump all day because he has a sniffle and is actling like he has malaria.

If this coming year is in any way reflective of my 30th Birthday, I am in BIG trouble.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Oh Stephanie, what a lousy birthday! Tomorrow will be better, I'm sure of it. Many hugs and kisses on this big birthday.

Leah

Leslie said...

Steph,

First, happy birthday! :-)

Second, your 30s will rock, I promise you. I'm just sorry they got off to a rough start.

Third, call the bank and kick their ass!

Fourth, sorry about the reflux but we talked about it when I visited and the drugs will help, I promise! Been there, done that, it's not fun, I know. Hope she gets some relief!

HANG IN THERE SWEETIE!!

LH

MBKimmy said...

Holly wow ... what a rela bad day ... which way is the house if you are facign your paretns is it to the right or left ... I was tryign to imagine it!
Awesome that Toby is into it too!
Lots of luck, prayers and love!