Monday, August 07, 2006

I am officially a Mom.

How do I know this?

Because in the past 3 days, 85% of my conversations have revolved around the topic of POOP.

I swore it would never happen and here it is. I'm an expert analyzer of POOP. And I talk about it to everyone. Asking opinions and telling POOP stories...

Stop the insanity!!

In other news besides POOP, we are doing well! I swear, I must have done something right to have SUCH a good baby. I guess it was going through 9 months of heck...God decided to reward me with a mellow kid. And now that I am past all that and she is here, I can EASILY say - this is exactly the way I would have wanted it and not the opposite (perfect pregnancy; high maintenance baby)

She sleeps a lot. Sometimes she just hangs out in her swing or bouncy seat and looks around and takes in the environment. Sometimes she smiles at me. (That might just be POOP but I don't think so....) She only fusses for a very short time every 4 hours or so when she is hungry. She'll get a little restless when she has to POOP because I think she has the "Taylor Stomach" and we had to do a formula switch...but all that seems to be working itself out. At night, I stay with her in the guestroom - she sleeps in her bouncy seat and she pretty much sleeps from 11pm - 3am...eats...back to sleep at 4am until 9am. YES! Isn't that amazing? She loves to go out and visit people and go shopping. She loves her car seat and loves it even more when we're riding in the car and the vibration is lulling her to sleep. We've been to Barnes and Noble and Wal-Mart and out to eat for our outings - and will probably go somewhere tomorrow...I'm feeling a little bit of cabin fever.

Anyway, Jodi Watley (!!!) is on Regis and Kelly and she's singing "Borderline" by Madonna at a gross, slow pace. Oh, the BEAUTY of maternity leave: Daytime TV and a perfect baby.

No comments: