I had a very good weekend!
Saturday was "clean the house day" for me. Toby went to the Eastern Shore to do some work on his Mom's shore house so I was home alone all day. Good thing - because if anyone was watching me, they would wonder what the heck I was doing.
For some reason, I kept doing the hot/cold, hot/cold, tingly limbs thing that usually comes before passing out. It was so strange! So I would have to do one little thing (like wipe off the counter) and then sit down to recover! Then I'd get up and vacuum one room. And sit down and recover. Then I dusted the living room tables. Then I'd sit down to recover. Needless to say, cleaning my very small house took about 6 hours that way. But that's ok. It got done.
Then around 7pm, I had the dreaded gigantic trip to Wal-Mart. Ugh. That was hard. But as I said before - it got done! It's amazing the things you used to do with no problems are now HUGE productions.
Sunday we both got up early and Toby went and bought a cheap charcoal grill so we could grill out for Mother's Day. (Our propane one has a broken piece we need to get fixed...and Toby also doesn't want to pay for propane with gas prices so high...so whatever, we now have a charcoal grill.) OF COURSE he had to put the thing together so while I was cooking baked beans and banana pudding in the kitchen, he had 5 million pieces laying all over the kitchen floor and was spewing cuss words and banging around like he always does when he has to put something together. (***Remember that statement for later.)
The grill was finally finished (with a little CALM help from me) and we proceeded to put it on the covered front porch since it was raining like crazy. Our guests for the day were my Mom and Dad, Zana (Toby's Mom), Kim (Toby's sister), Kendall (her 8 month old daughter), Heath and Julie (our neighbors), and Ian (Toby's friend.)
Mom and Dad gave me a Mother's Day gift - OF COURSE - because they are the most thoughtful people in the world. They gave me 2 books about motherhood. One is spiritual with poems and sayings and the other is a "tips" type book. I already dove into that one last night. I need to bring home a highlighter!
My husband also gave me a card. It says "Happy Mother's Day. From your Love Bug" and has butterflies on it and he wrote beautiful things inside. I love it. He's so good to me. And he has been through A LOT putting up with me for the past 7 months in this condition. His lifestyle has been altered dramatically too...but that's ok, it's just getting him ready for fatherhood. :)
All in all, it was a great day! We ate burgers and baked beans and other cook-out-ish food. Mom brought cut up fruit and I ate nearly the whole bowl. Loving fruit these days!! Toby also grilled some chicken but I couldn't even LOOK at it. I tried to cut it in half to serve to others and nearly gagged. Me and Chicken do not get along these days... I made a KILLER banana pudding - Paula Deen's recipe - and it had cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in it... LOOK OUT! It was delish. And very unhealthy. Who cares?
After we ate, Dad finished putting the crib together. Last time he tried to put the crib together, we had issues with the crib missing some pieces so I had to e-mail the company and they mailed more. At first, Dad thought they STILL sent the wrong pieces; but eventually figured it out yesterday.... ***This is something my dear husband NEVER would have been able to do. He would have broke the crib in half and thrown it out the window first....while screaming cuss words. I love that man of mine. :) I'm glad Stella doesn't understand English yet....
So now we have a put-together, sturdy, beautiful crib. Now I just need the mattress and bedding. And a million other things! HA!
After the crib, Mom and Dad started on the wallpaper border. They are such a team. And Toby helped too when he wasn't tending to the other guests. They put up the border in an hour or so. Dad is a perfectionist so the patters in the corners match up PERFECTLY. It looks amazing. I just love it to bits. And I think Toby really likes it - he seemed really excited with it all coming together. (Pictures in the entry below...) Thank God for Mom and Dad - they have totally saved my butt this pregnancy. But I think they really like working on the nursery. I think Dad likes having a "project." And it's for their granddaughter so they'll do anything for her already.
After everyone left, we sat on the couch and watched a bit of TV and then next thing I know, Toby is out like a light. I went on to bed and read some of my new book and fell asleep before Sopranos came on. Looks like I'll be catching the re-run on Wednesday night - AFTER they announce that Taylor is going home on American Idol. A girl can dream, can't she??
No comments:
Post a Comment