I think Toby is sick, so that would totally keep up the tradition of sickness at holiday time!
He has been in bed all day in hopes that by 5pm, he would be ok to go to his Mom's house for our "Christmas" over there. We have a full day tomorrow, of course, but not nearly as full as years previous. My Dad's Mom (Nanny) has decided to move her Christmas Night tradition to the Sunday after Christmas and PRAISE THE LORD I am so happy about that!! I love that celebration and now I won't feel rushed or utterly exhausted for it.
Stella and I went to the MALL today!! Yes, I am a crazy nut. Actually, it was not crowded at all. I wanted to get us out of the house so Toby could rest and we wouldn't have to tip toe around all day. I thought it would be fun to bundle up and stroll Short Pump Mall with a Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider. It was actually very nice!
And on the way home, I saw a sign outside of a gas station at the corner of Broad and Parham that said:
Merry X-"mas"
Could someone enlighten me to placement of those quotes? lol
Yesterday was my last day of work until next Friday. I think next week will become Potty Training Bootcamp. I'm not going to force anything on her, but I think we'll do the "let her run around with nothing on all day" thing and see what happens. I'm really not looking forward to this milestone. For some reason, I feel like this one is going to be difficult. But that's how I felt about switching from formula to milk...and that was a breeze. Dear LORD let this one be too.
In other news!! Toby was officially laid off last week. He has been doing some side work to fill in some of the gap. When I have more time, I will write about the specific events of the past few weeks... It's alot - but it's also inspiring in an odd way. I guess in times of stress and struggle, you sometimes find peace. My job is also still hellacious but will end soon. I just don't know WHEN. Sooner than later, I hope. I have so many things I want to start doing...and I feel like I can't start them until I close THAT chapter in my book of life. Simple things like purge and clean the office and shed, organize all paperwork in the house, rearrange all shelving and cabinets to utilitize the storage options better, and even start taking better care of myself - physically, mentally, and spiritually. I have been so bogged down with this all-encompassing work thing that I have been unable to really focus on anything else - and my eating and activity is at the BOTTOM of the list. Actually, it's on like page 657.
I also have an AMAZING reason to get started on the weight loss again!! No, it does not directly involve me....but it's some wonderful news I got the other night. And I'll update you on that next time. I want to make sure I don't spill any beans before their time. :)
Merry Christmas, Everyone! Enjoy your family and friends. And the cookies.
Can't forget the cookies.
2 comments:
OMG I love your updates, but they always leave me guessing and I DON"T love that at all!
Get started on loosing weight ... is your brother getting hitched?! That is my guess!
As for work and Toby he will be fine! He is one of those guys that no matter what can't sit still and i know he will be full of more work!
Love and miss you all!
I'm feeling the xmas sickness this year! To top it all off, William and my Mom both have it too! Kim's right - you leave us guessing... but I love it. I hope that all starts going more your way in the Creekmore house. Times are tough and I'm hoping to make it through the job layoffs in February. Enjoy the New Year's time. As always, keep us posted!
Post a Comment