I know I owe you guys the rest of the Banner Elk update and pictures! I promise that will happen this weekend. So far, the calendar is not booked up and I plan to spend most of that time in my living room, wearing my big, comfy, blue and green plaid flannel pants.
It's been a rough time around here lately.
My job sucks now. I cry a lot. (Public shout out to Toby, Mom, and Dad who have all had to deal with that.)
Toby's job is nearly unbearable for him. He works so hard but he works in circles because the company is so unorganized.
And then yesterday, we found out about a tragedy involving one of Toby's good friends. We don't know what happened. We do know he was going through an ugly separation and custody situation with his estranged ex. We do know that she was doing some awful things to their family - cheating on him, leaving the kids in unsafe situations, etc. Mike came by often to hang out. I do think he looked at Toby as a mentor/counselor-type friend who he looked up to. We both tried to talk Mike into getting better legal help to get the kids in his custody... You could see in his face he was pained by all of this - and it had been going on for nearly 2 years. He adored his kids, especially his older son. That's why I just don't understand..............
On Wednesday at 10am, he shot and killed his ex and then killed himself. Toby is devestated and confused. I can't stop thinking about it. We'll never know what happened or what made Mike "snap." I think it was the years of constant pain and suffering - and he was sure he just had to end the misery. But in this "crime of passion" he left 2 children parent-less and that makes me sick to my stomach.
News Article
2 comments:
Oh my Stephanie ... first I am sorry you are not happy at work
second I am so sorry about the friend ... that is horrible I will be praying for the kids and the family that was left behind ... how horrible!
I'm sorry about your job too! It is hard going to a place everyday that you don't enjoy! And regarding the friend, that is serious news. I'm so sorry to hear that you were so close to the situation and it ended badly.
Post a Comment