Sunday, September 14, 2008

Buzz Fest Part Deux

Alrighty! Let's pick up where we left off...now where was that? OH. That's right. Puke City.

So, that first night in BE consisted of the laundromat, mediocre chinese food, and Food Lion. It was just nice to be with Ashley again...I really didn't care what we did - although I would have rather eliminated the laundromat part.

I'll rewind just a bit and show you some pictures from that first travel day...

Here is Stella, right before we hit the road. All cozy and ready to watch movies.....




And I was already thinking about documenting for the blog. Here she is "AFTER." Notice the styrophome of the car seat with no cushions. I think this is when she said "Feel better!" She looks like she feels better....If only this picture was in smell-o-vision.




Here are some pics of Banner Elk, as I was driving in... It was like I left it. And so different, at the same time.



The ONE stoplight.



And a shout out to the girls of TATE DORM! This is where I met my girls - back in 1994. Geez.






And here is the Little Rock Cottage. I was so in love as soon as we got there....



Here was the sign greeting us on the front porch.



And here are pics of Clara and Stella in the Chinese Restaurant where Ashley nearly had to call the police because they were being so wild... Can you tell??



Little Ashley and Stephanie - future roomies!




Back at the cottage, we got into some late night coloring...




Here was the living room, kitchen, and hallway....












The deck was HUGE and sat right over a babbling brook....







Finally! Day Two!!

We got up early (as usual) and ate breakfast, took showers, and just got the house ready for the lunch we were hosting for everyone. This would be the first time everyone was together for the weekend... We planned to just get pizzas from Sorrento's and then we had fruit and dessert to go with it all.

Velvet and Kennedy arrived first. Clara loves babies - can you tell?




Then everyone else arrived together! (We'll discuss the drive from THEIR cabin later on....)

We had a nice lunch and visit on the deck. It's so strange/surreal to all be together now in Banner Elk - with families. Things DO change in a short time!

Mostly everyone:

























And here is Stella's future husband, Preston (Courtney and Chris' son) - they were born a week apart and are destined to marry, whether they like it or not.



Here they are having a lovely lunch together.



Some decided to trek down to the creek.




After lunch, some of the group went to walk on campus...where a very special event happened.

Vinnie proposed to Lisa on the LMC Bridge!! Congratulations to Vinnie, Lisa, and Family!!

Then, the most important event in a Mother's (I mean, Toddler's) day: NAPTIME.




We all met up again for dinner at the FORMER "Big Chill." It's now called Smokehouse Bayou or something like that... We had a great section in the restaurant - thank God - because the kids ran around like nuts. I am SURE they were glad when we left that place!!

Kim and Brandon's son, Chase



Drew and Will



Will - looking like he's about to do something



My future son-in-law, Preston




Everyone!













After dinner, we walked to the Banner Elk Elementary School playground where we had the traditional Group Picture taken.... And that will have to wait for Part III.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Awww... buzzfest pics were great! Hope to be there next year! Thanks for sharing the weekend.

MBKimmy said...

Great pics, can't wait for part III