I really shouldn't be blogging right now as I am SWAMPED at work. I can't get my inbox down to less than 10 e-mails as hard as I try...I like being busy because it makes the time go faster but when I can't everything done in that time, then I get stressed! And I hate not having 5 minutes to balance my checkbook or check my daily boards just for a minute... Anyway, I have been so busy, there has been no time to blog, but I do have an ongoing list in my head at all times... Let's see if I can remember some stuff....
1. I have alluded in previous entries to the books I am reading right now. To say that I am obsessed is putting it mildly. As I am at work, I'm thinking about the book. I take it to the gym at lunch and read on the treadmill (that's one way to get my ass to the gym!) I read at stoplights. I put Stella to bed at 9pm and instantly pick up the book for my 2-3 hours reading session. This is unheard of for me!!
On the cover of the first book, it says "soon to be a major motion picture" so for the first time, I looked up these books on the internet. Holy Harry Potter! Where have I been? It's like a CULT! I was shocked to see all of the fan sites, blogs, etc.... I did dig a little too far and read a sentence about something that is going to happen in book 4 and I could have smacked myself! But I'm trying to block it out as I read.... So I stumbled up on the author's site and read her blogs and saw pictures of the cast of the movie - they look almost exactly as I had pictured them in my head. Good sign #1. It comes out on November 21 and I might take off work. I'm not even kidding. I thought I was excited about Sex and the City: the Movie. That doesn't hold a candle to this! I'm ready for my giant popcorn with goobers poured in... and Edward's lovely pale face on the big screen.... Ahhhh.....
2. XM Radio. I have it in the car. How come every SINGLE time I turn it on Top 20, it's something about a Lollipop. I'm so sick of those songs! So I usually just keep it on the Boneyard channel. Last night on my way home, I heard "Bang Bang" by Danger Danger. I used to love that song. Hearing it just brought back how genius some hairband lyrics are.. .such as:
"Bang Bang! What's that sound? I gave you my love and you shot me down."
I mean, seriously?
This morning, I heard "Same ol' Situation" by Motley Crue and cranked it up and sang at the top of my lungs... And then "Don't Stop Believin" by Journey came on and I shocked myself at knowing every.single.word.
Then I pulled into the parking lot and immediately yelled "F***!!" because I saw my bosses office light on when I thought he wasn't going to be here today and I was late........
3. So it's no secret that I take anxiety meds and have for over 10 years now... I think anxiety runs in my Fam... And I have it and keep it under control with meds... fine by me! But I did decide to switch from Lexapro to Wellbutrin a couple weeks ago. My company completely pays for generics and Lexapro does not have a generic...so I was paying $20 a month which is not alot but when you add it up over the year, it is. SO, I switched. I followed Dr's orders and tapered down the Lexapro and increased the Wellbutrin over 10 days....
Ummm, I did not know I would go through HEROIN WITHDRAWLS.
I mean, seriously!!!
For the past few weeks, I have had this weirdo dizzy sensation that if I turned my head too fast - I felt like I was going to fall out. And my whole body would get this tingly feeling every 10 minutes or so... I kept having to take deep breaths to "center myself."
It's been almost 3 weeks now and I am FINALLY feeling somewhat normal. I am really glad I am getting off something that is THAT potent.
So, in addition to the physical changes, I can tell that my emotions are a bit wacky. Not too bad...but I can cry at the drop of a hat. Whenver I talk about work to someone, I tear up. Whenever I watch TV and people are happy, I cry. Case in point: I was watching the Democratic Convention re-cap on the Today Show the other morning and they were showing Hilary Clinton's speech and the camera panned to Bill and his face was so full of pride....and I cried.
I DON'T EVEN LIKE THE CLINTONS.
4. Stella and I are hitting the road tomorrow morning for a weekend in Banner Elk! We are having a small college reunion of friends, lovingly refered to as the Annual Buzz Fest. Don't ask. I am so excited I could bust. Ashley and I have rented this little house and we are having everyone over for lunch on Saturday...then big dinner out Saturday night... We are coming home on Sunday so I can have Monday to recover and get ready for work on Tuesday... Toby wants to go with us but he has to work. And two nights away from Stella is as much as he can handle - so we're coming home Sunday.
I'm excited to see everyone! To see the kids playing togehter! To tool around Banner Elk - even though it looks nothing like it did when we were in college there. And I'm VERY excited to show Courtney my new planner/daytimer system that she is going to be so jealous over. :)
You think I'm kidding....
Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone! Safe travels... Love to all.
6 comments:
Awe - have fun at buzzfest! Hope that our good ole GSK drug works for you. Drive safe and share pics on Tuesday! Drive safe! ~Mel PS - you cried over the Clintons?! Gurl - you need to double up on those pills! hahaha :)
WHAT A NEW PLANNER! No wonder you wanted to get off the phone the other day so quick because you had a dirty little secret, ha ha.
Can't wait to see you and discuss my order.
XXOO Courtney
OMG ... I so wish I was going ... hate hate hate it!
I have just finished book 4 of Stephenie Meyer's series!!!! I could not put the books down...like you, taking every opportunity to read them!
New planner? Must see!
I'm on book 4 of the series...OMG! I read all of the first 3 in 7 days, how obsessed is that??? Will you go see the movie with me in the fall, I don't think Martin will budge!!
Glad the meds are sorting themselves out, that doesn't sound like fun at all.
When is it Margarita time???
Post a Comment