Sunday, May 04, 2008

Yard Sale Success!

And thank God it's OVER!!

Having a yard sale is A LOT of work. More than I realized....

I spent ALL day on Friday getting ready...organizing stuff, pricing everything, making signs, posting ads on Craigslist, getting tables from my aunt's work, setting it all up, getting change, etc...

So, I got up at 6am on Saturday and started setting up. The sale was advertised for 8am, but people were coming at 6:30. So I rushed and tried to get everything out fast.... How annoying! Then, my FIRST customer gave me a hard time about the BRAND NEW pair of jeans I had priced at $2. She finally got me to go down to $1.75.

Seriously?? Just get out of my face.

Other than that, it was good. It ended up being a nice day with a lot of family and friends hanging out. It was PERFECT weather - a little shady and breezy....And only STEPHANIE would get sunburnt like a lobster. Yep. Only me. I didn't even THINK about sunscreen.

Here are some pictures. My Mimi donated some shoes to the sale, and the girls advertised them by going up and down the runway (sidewalk) and clunking around the yard. It was so funny...

Eating bacon:







Do-Rag




Work it girl!!











4 comments:

Leslie said...

Ouch on the sunburn, but glad it was a good day! Yard sales are a LOT of work, and the early birds come regardless and they are INTENSE! Freaks! You really have to have 2 people - one to schlep stuff in and out of the house to put out, and another to watch the freaks and deal with them. Can't see photos from work but will check them out tonight!

Chris said...

OMG...those pics of the girls in the shoes with the bacon...PRICELESS!!! Stella is SO freakin' cute. Love the dew rag and the necklace too. Can't even believe you had someone work you down a friggin' quarter on an already 2$ pair of jeans. FREAK! I'm surprised you didn't kick her to the curb...literally!! LOL!

Hope you made some good moola...looks like you had a bunch of stuff!

MBKimmy said...

I hate to get burned -

glad you had a nice turn out and serriously did a lady argue over
.25$? that is NUTZO!

Leslie said...

FINALLY checking photos from home (where I can see them) and hey! I recognize that denim jumper Miss Thang is wearing! Too cute! :-)