I just spent all damn day working on a cover letter and resume for a cool sounding job at the Botanical Garden less than a mile from my house. How lucky would I be? A chance to give back to the community and do something with meaning and I could even WALK to work.
Must! Get! This! Job!
My cover letter and resume both emphasize my amazing attention to detail and my eagle-eye proof-reading skills. I go back and forth from the job description to my documents, making sure to sell my incredible skills and bring home just how perfect I am for this position. I am about to hit "send" on the final documents when I glance down at the job description one last time and see the sentence:
"Salary will range in the 20's, depending on experience."
Uh...hells no. I gotta atleast pay for our shelter and our rides, people.
Apparently, my editing skills have been unemployed for way too long to miss THAT sentence. AND I just wasted hours of my life. Hours that could have been devoted to cleaning or napping or eating snacks while watching Dr. Phil.
I don't mean to sound ungrateful. In a few months, I might be begging for that job. But right now, I still have time to look. I have two resumes out there right now for really interesting sounding positions which I will not mention any further for fear of jinxing myself...but say a little prayer for my mystery jobs, will ya?
Whatever will be, will be. I KNOW this. I am OK with this. I'm not scared or worried. But a cool job that does not give me heartburn or clinical depression would be super groovy, eh?
1 comment:
As someone who's job does give her heartburn and almost-clinical depression, keep looking!! Also, I feel you on the pay, ugh. The sad fact is I was hired at my current job at $4/more per hour than my coworkers, and I only know this because when we all discuss looking for other jobs, they mention the jobs they are looking at...that pay SO LITTLE, and mention that it's more than they make. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
Post a Comment